• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Click to Join
  • -=- Guide: How do you write a good ban appeal? -=-

AkuroPlays

Helper
    Hello Player!

Have you been banned from OPLegends, and do you believe your ban is unjustified or a mistake? This guide might help you with appealing! Note that you only can get unbanned if you've not broken any rules and you're 100% sure that you didn't violate any of the rules.
    Step 1. Make sure to know the reason of your ban.

When you've been banned from the server, you'll get a screen when you try to login into the server. Here you can check the reason, remaining time of your ban, and perhaps the staff who banned you (I'm not too sure if it shows the staff who punished you as I've never been banned myself.)

Step 2. Making your appeal.

If you're sure you have been punished falsely, know the reason of your punishment and do understand why you probably were punished, you can start with appealing. You can find out more about appealing here, and you can begin creating an appeal here (then click the "Post Thread" button).

Step 3. What to include in your appeal?

There are a couple things that staff either don't want or don't need to see. For example, they don't want to see lies/excuses, and they don't need to see irrelevant details. What is looked for in appeals depends on the staff member reviewing it. The things that matter most in an appeal are honesty, detail (not irrelevant details), good grammar, politeness and past offences. Making a ban appeal is a perfect opportunity to explain as much of the incident leading up to your punishment as possible. Keep in mind, if you really want to be unbanned, you should put some effort into your appeal instead of making your appeal in 60 seconds.

In most cases, lying or making excuses won't help you in your appeal. Common lies/excuses as "my brother/friend did it, not me!" or saying that you've never broken any rules before, but there are clearly replays and enough evidence you actually did broke the rules, will 99.9999% of the time be denied. You might not have broken the rules, but when your account has been banned for it, it is your responsibility and not the responsibility of your friends who may have did something on your account. The activities you were doing at the time or any possible reasons for why you may have been wrongly banned, are important for the staff member reviewing your appeal. An example is: pretending to automine in prisons by not responding to staff etc. Always explain the situation how you might think how you've been banned falsely, since most of the things are pretty easy to check.

It is always good to include proof/evidence in your appeal. You can as example: Record/make a clip of the moment that you got banned, showing your mods folder/minecraft folder via screenshots, opening your chatlogs, recording your mouse and a CPS tester to proof you can actually click that shiny 15 CPS, and other ways to proof you're legit.

Step 4. Submitting your appeal.

When you are done with your appeal, put some effort in it, made some grammar checks and answered every question, you might want to read your own appeal and ask yourself the question: "What should I do if I was a Staff Member and would handle this appeal?" This can help you with thinking from a different perspective, so it doesn't look weird or doesn't look like it is full with excuses and lies.

Step 5. Waiting out the results.

When you're done appealing and did every single thing you can do in your power to get unbanned, always make sure to not get impatient. You should never ask a Staff Member to check your appeal, since it 99.9999999% of the time will get checked. OPLegends clearly states that it may take up to 48 hours for a staff to respond.

Step 6. The response to your appeal.

When you've waited for up to 2-3 weeks (depending on your ban reason), you finally have a response to your appeal! Please note that the status of your appeal is up to discretion of the staff team, if they consider your appeal to be legititmate, then you will be unbanned. If not, then you may stay temporarily banned, or banned depending on the situation.

Disclaimer/Credits. Who Knows. You might be able to find it yourself. ^_^

Zlurpy

Administrator
    Hello Player!

Have you been banned from OPLegends, and do you believe your ban is unjustified or a mistake? This guide might help you with appealing! Note that you only can get unbanned if you've not broken any rules and you're 100% sure that you didn't violate any of the rules.

When you've been banned from the server, you'll get a screen when you try to login into the server. Here you can check the reason, remaining time of your ban, and perhaps the staff who banned you (I'm not too sure if it shows the staff who punished you as I've never been banned myself.)

If you're sure you have been punished falsely, know the reason of your punishment and do understand why you probably were punished, you can start with appealing. You can find out more about appealing here, and you can begin creating an appeal here (then click the "Post Thread" button).

There are a couple things that staff either don't want or don't need to see. For example, they don't want to see lies/excuses, and they don't need to see irrelevant details. What is looked for in appeals depends on the staff member reviewing it. The things that matter most in an appeal are honesty, detail (not irrelevant details), good grammar, politeness and past offences. Making a ban appeal is a perfect opportunity to explain as much of the incident leading up to your punishment as possible. Keep in mind, if you really want to be unbanned, you should put some effort into your appeal instead of making your appeal in 60 seconds.

In most cases, lying or making excuses won't help you in your appeal. Common lies/excuses as "my brother/friend did it, not me!" or saying that you've never broken any rules before, but there are clearly replays and enough evidence you actually did broke the rules, will 99.9999% of the time be denied. You might not have broken the rules, but when your account has been banned for it, it is your responsibility and not the responsibility of your friends who may have did something on your account. The activities you were doing at the time or any possible reasons for why you may have been wrongly banned, are important for the staff member reviewing your appeal. An example is: pretending to automine in prisons by not responding to staff etc. Always explain the situation how you might think how you've been banned falsely, since most of the things are pretty easy to check.

It is always good to include proof/evidence in your appeal. You can as example: Record/make a clip of the moment that you got banned, showing your mods folder/minecraft folder via screenshots, opening your chatlogs, recording your mouse and a CPS tester to proof you can actually click that shiny 15 CPS, and other ways to proof you're legit.

When you are done with your appeal, put some effort in it, made some grammar checks and answered every question, you might want to read your own appeal and ask yourself the question: "What should I do if I was a Staff Member and would handle this appeal?" This can help you with thinking from a different perspective, so it doesn't look weird or doesn't look like it is full with excuses and lies.

When you're done appealing and did every single thing you can do in your power to get unbanned, always make sure to not get impatient. You should never ask a Staff Member to check your appeal, since it 99.9999999% of the time will get checked. OPLegends clearly states that it may take up to 48 hours for a staff to respond.

When you've waited for up to 2-3 weeks (depending on your ban reason), you finally have a response to your appeal! Please note that the status of your appeal is up to discretion of the staff team, if they consider your appeal to be legititmate, then you will be unbanned. If not, then you may stay temporarily banned, or banned depending on the situation.

This isn’t all exactly true, if someone really thinks they were falsely banned then they normally wouldn’t lie, be toxic, or anything like that, but good post.

Yorkshire

Administrator
    Hello Player!

The main thing is honesty. If your honest and admit to your ban there is a higher chance of your appeal getting accepted and having your ban reduced

Tom

Manager
    Hello Player!

Great post, hope this helps some players out. However I hope more than we didn't have to ban the person in the first place

ImMojoPlays

Helper
    Hello Player!

Thanks and good job!