Click to Copy IP
  • Click to Join
  • Pending Forums Suggestion

Scamss

Minecraft Username: Scamss
    Is your suggestion for: (Forums Discord In-Game) Forums
    If your suggestion is relating to In-Game, please tell us the server:
    What is your suggestion? Bring back letting us see applications
    Why should we add this suggestion? Hello staff of OpLegends! My suggestion is to let us see applications. Letting us players see the staff applications helps us and you guys become more involved with the community. Seeing players opinions on staff and who we think are good. Would benefit this team. As I can say with great certainty that a lot of people agree most the staff are very unknown people who hardly speak in game or anywhere. That is why you should add it back. :alien:

Chrome

Helper
    I actually would like to see this. So its a +1 from me. Quite a few servers I play on allow users to give some feedback on applications like stated in the suggestion it allows the community to be more involved which allows the community to express their opinions on applicants. Although, if this was implemented, when I applied I might not be staff right now since I am not very known here but everyone deserves a chance.

Last edited:

Aexi

There isn't really a reason for us to change it back so you guys can read and reply to the staff applications as the people who deal with said applications are more than qualified to do their background checks on the applicants and decide whether they would be a good addition or not. Whether a new staff is a known player or not has no meaning at all, as long as they can do their job.

Chrome

Helper
    There isn't really a reason for us to change it back so you guys can read and reply to the staff applications as the people who deal with said applications are more than qualified to do their background checks on the applicants and decide whether they would be a good addition or not. Whether a new staff is a known player or not has no meaning at all, as long as they can do their job.

I've seen people -1 or give negative feedback on applications for just not being known in the community, hence why I stated it.

Scamss

Ur actually stupid lol

iJarnz

I've seen people -1 or give negative feedback on applications for just not being known in the community, hence why I stated it.
    I'd -1 for not being known. Helpers need to talk ingame, they need to know the community, they need to know how the server works to get helper in the first place.
    I tested alot of Helpers on my alt account by asking a question and only 2 of them gave me the correct answer.

Wouldnt all of us being able to see it make ur chance of finding something in their backround way higher? Also being known doesnt really effect anything would be better if they were, makes them actually understand the community

Kieran

Manager
    Alright, I understand some concerns and I would like to say that although the feedback was good on some applications, some feedback was pointless, annoying and irrelevant so therefore I do not want players opinions if they are just going to mess around. I specifically gave the chance to the community to get involved with applications, but some members of our community just don't really take this opportunity and privilege. Moderators+ have access to read applications and they can directly message or can discuss certain applications with me as I know a good number of our current Moderators are doing this.

iJarnz

but some members of our community just don't really take this opportunity and privilege.
    You're taking something away just because 1 or 2 people aren't serious. Limiting it won't help anyways, Moderators/admins are less than 10 hours online a week, they wouldn't know the person. You're just gonna accept because he has a '' good looking application '' and every single time you prove my point if someone gets demoted or resigns after a week. You can't read people through applications/interviews.

skisam

Having a players perspective is pretty important if they actually want to become staff. Take Droppinq for example. He had good feedback on his application because from an active players point of view, he was applicable for staff. Having non-staff being able to view the applications gives vagueness because I know many staff that aren't active including managers. Having us reply to applications can also be helpful for higher staff to look over the players history, appeal, and past experience. Yes, there can be some trolls, but that shouldn't diminish the other handful of members that enjoyed reading players applications. +1

Scamss

us normal players see the toxic side of many people. No one will be toxic infront of staff. Using staff to know if a person is toxic on the server is useless.

Kieran

Manager
    You're taking something away just because 1 or 2 people aren't serious. Limiting it won't help anyways, Moderators/admins are less than 10 hours online a week, they wouldn't know the person. You're just gonna accept because he has a '' good looking application '' and every single time you prove my point if someone gets demoted or resigns after a week. You can't read people through applications/interviews.

Then, you should speak to your friend group beforehand. Otherwise this wouldn’t have happened. Applications were private before I even came here, so since I made the change, you now want to have extra feedback on this. Which I love to see your feedback and opinions on, but I was constantly going through certain players messages and responses and deleting them. I don’t really want to waste time in deleting comments which are irrelevant to the actual topic and application.

Having a players perspective is pretty important if they actually want to become staff. Take Droppinq for example. He had good feedback on his application because from an active players point of view, he was applicable for staff. Having non-staff being able to view the applications gives vagueness because I know many staff that aren't active including managers. Having us reply to applications can also be helpful for higher staff to look over the players history, appeal, and past experience. Yes, there can be some trolls, but that shouldn't diminish the other handful of members that enjoyed reading players applications. +1

I couldn’t agree more, hence why I added this in the first place. I value your opinions, but as I stated above, some players ruin this for those that actually enjoy reading and being sensible as well as giving critical and good feedback and suggestions for those that apply for staff. So regarding those that troll, I can easily limit controls and access, but it’s time consuming and I don’t really want to spend countless hours checking on messages and player feedback and comments from applications which are just irrelevant.

us normal players see the toxic side of many people. No one will be toxic infront of staff. Using staff to know if a person is toxic on the server is useless.

Not quite sure, who you are stating as being “normal”. When there are a number of players without naming names, are only annoyed because they want to be rude, inappropriate and say something irrelevant to the actual application such as “-1” without giving any valid or appropriate reasoning whatsoever. I disagree with staff to know if someone is toxic, as they moderate the chat and can check history and occasions that could have been caused from issues in the server.

As much as I want to bring this back to a community gathering, feedback and appropriate comments on applications. I would need to know specifically, ways to prevent this. I’ve already stated some such as removing perms, but I don’t have time to constantly read this, nor does anyone for that matter.

iJarnz

Then, you should speak to your friend group beforehand. Otherwise this wouldn’t have happened.
    How would I know when they comment on applications?
    Can't u just revoke perms to talk in application section after 2-3 warnings ( about application stuff )
    And have some mod to do it for you?

Kieran

Manager
    How would I know when they comment on applications?
    Can't u just revoke perms to talk in application section after 2-3 warnings ( about application stuff )
    And have some mod to do it for you?

I’ll see, I’ll keep this pending at the moment. I might get certain staff to check these sections if we were going to add this back to players to read.