• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Click to Join
  • Feedback Feedback on Pickaxe Changes!

myokan

Owner
    Hey everyone!

Looking to get some feedback on some balancing changes I'm proposing for Pickaxe Enchants for next map of prison. This really has two major components to it: pickaxe leveling changes and enchant changes. I've already implemented these on our test environment for staff testing + feedback, but feel like I should let everyone know what my plans are with Pickaxe Leveling and Enchants this season since there's been a lot of confusion.

Here's my proposal, and feel free to let me know what you think of it in the replies!

Pickaxe Leveling

With pickaxe leveling, here is the rundown of the new system:
    • There are now 1,000 pickaxe levels that have meaning to them.
    • The idea is that the 1,000 levels should take you through the whole map.
      • Unlike previous maps, levels do not get difficult as quickly: it's about as difficult to get a Level 1,000 pickaxe last map as it was to get a Level 250 pickaxe this map.
      • It's not supposed to be easy to get a Level 1,000 pickaxe! The grind is supposed to be rewarding.
    • Pickaxe gem slots are unlocked at levels 250, 500, 750, and 1,000.
    • Ruby, Zircon, and Jade gems can be found at levels 75, 150, and 200.
      • Unlike previous maps, when you unlock these gems, they are equally rare to uncover. I.e when you unlock Zircon you have a 50% chance of finding Ruby and 50% of finding Zircon. Similarly, when you unlock Jade, the chances will be 33%, 33%, and 33%.
    • Enchant level thresholds are scaled across the entire 1,000 levels.
      • You unlock between 500-1000 levels of enchants every 50-100 pickaxe levels.
      • In order to upgrade the enchant past these thresholds, you must have the required pickaxe level in addition to the orbs.
      • These thresholds are scaled so you must have a level 1,000 pickaxe in order to purchase the final levels of enchants.
      • The idea of this is dramatically better balance.

As far as enchants go, here is a rundown of many of the changes:
    • Clusters of enchant levels are made available for upgrade based on your pickaxe level.
      • You still need orbs to purchase them (duh!)
    • More enchant levels are added for the following enchants:
      • Dragon Burst: 10k -> 20k
      • Loot Finder: 15k -> 20k
      • Fortune: 10k -> 20k
      • Boost: 5k -> 10k
      • EXP Boost: 5k -> 10k
      • Frenzy: 5k -> 10k
      • Greed: 5k -> 10k
      • Lucky: 5k -> 10k
      • Orb Greed: 5k -> 10k
      • Pouch Finder: 5k -> 10k
      • Starstruck: 1k -> 5k
      • Super Breaker: 1k -> 5k

So, that's what I have planned as far as pickaxe changes for Map 7 of prison. Let me know what you think, I'm excited to hear your ideas, thoughts, questions, and concerns!

Last edited:

Aexi

Unlike previous maps, levels do not get difficult as quickly: it's about as difficult to get a Level 1,000 pickaxe last map as it was to get a Level 250 pickaxe this map.
    So, it will still be impossible then? for example, both iJarnz's and vDxPv's pickaxes are both below the level of 160, 145 and 156 to be exact. And this is after a whole season with them being shared with their whole gang. Not only are pickaxes going to be locked to the original owner, but it has also been made harder. It should be 1000 levels next map - max 150 this map. Possibly even lower lol.
    Edit: I used Jarnz and VD's pickaxes as reference as they are both top 5 best pickaxes on the server.

myokan

Owner
    So, it will still be impossible then? for example, both iJarnz's and vDxPv's pickaxes are both below the level of 160, 145 and 156 to be exact. And this is after a whole season with them being shared with their whole gang. Not only are pickaxes going to be locked to the original owner, but it has also been made harder. It should be 1000 levels next map - max 150 this map. Possibly even lower lol.
    There might be some truth to this, but the calculation I did for the level costs seems "reasonable" for the most dedicated players. This is of course after accounting for the potential to have double pickaxe XP events and such which could make this time significantly shorter.

Either way, based on how the milestones are placed, the real incentive to get the LV 1000 pickaxe is mostly to show off as well as to get the 5th pickaxe gem slot. Almost all of the gameplay elements can be unlocked by Pickaxe levels 600-700 or so, which roughly aligns to that level 150 threshold you mention.

iJarnz

There might be some truth to this, but the calculation I did for the level costs seems "reasonable" for the most dedicated players. This is of course after accounting for the potential to have double pickaxe XP events and such which could make this time significantly shorter.

Either way, based on how the milestones are placed, the real incentive to get the LV 1000 pickaxe is mostly to show off as well as to get the 5th pickaxe gem slot. Almost all of the gameplay elements can be unlocked by Pickaxe levels 600-700 or so, which roughly aligns to that level 150 threshold you mention.
    Level 150 took Aexi Iayka and me ( people who mined with my pick the most ) close to 5 weeks. You're saying level 600-700 is the same as level 150 this season. But you decide to put a pickaxe ''lock'' on everyones pick? it'll be impossible to hit 150 (600-700) alone next map.

IchMagChxcken

Hey everyone!

Looking to get some feedback on some balancing changes I'm proposing for Pickaxe Enchants for next map of prison. This really has two major components to it: pickaxe leveling changes and enchant changes. I've already implemented these on our test environment for staff testing + feedback, but feel like I should let everyone know what my plans are with Pickaxe Leveling and Enchants this season since there's been a lot of confusion.

Here's my proposal, and feel free to let me know what you think of it in the replies!

Pickaxe Leveling

• Unlike previous maps, levels do not get difficult as quickly: it's about as difficult to get a Level 1,000 pickaxe last map as it was to get a Level 250 pickaxe this map.
      • It's not supposed to be easy to get a Level 1,000 pickaxe! The grind is supposed to be rewarding.
      • Unlike previous maps, when you unlock these gems, they are equally rare to uncover. I.e when you unlock Zircon you have a 50% chance of finding Ruby and 50% of finding Zircon. Similarly, when you unlock Jade, the chances will be 33%, 33%, and 33%.
      • In order to upgrade the enchant past these thresholds, you must have the required pickaxe level in addition to the orbs.
      • These thresholds are scaled so you must have a level 1,000 pickaxe in order to purchase the final levels of enchants.

• Clusters of enchant levels are made available for upgrade based on your pickaxe level.

So, that's what I have planned as far as pickaxe changes for Map 7 of prison. Let me know what you think, I'm excited to hear your ideas, thoughts, questions, and concerns!
    i think that the level change doesnt change balance drastically, I think it´ll be better to make the level requirement the same, but the needed xp to lvl up less.

Aexi

Level 150 took Aexi Iayka and me ( people who mined with my pick the most ) close to 5 weeks. You're saying level 600-700 is the same as level 150 this season. But you decide to put a pickaxe ''lock'' on everyones pick? it'll be impossible to hit 150 (600-700) alone next map.
    Even making it a 3 times easier still wont really make up for the fact that your pickaxe reached 150ish after 5 weeks when ur pick was used basically 24/7 by 3 people :cry:

myokan

Owner
    That's an interesting point, I didn't account for that. I'll consider making it about 25% easier to account for that. These are also rough estimates, the actual level thresholds are based on active mining time (blocks broken) based on an average of around 950 raw blocks per minute, which is in accordance with our observations of people's mining behavior, testing, and estimates from players.

Alsdair

Question... you said that, Ruby, Zircon, and Jade gems can be found at levels 75, 150, and 200. Why does that seem so low for gems this time around? Are you saying that you can obtain all the different gems 1/5 the way into maxing your pick? (at level 200)

Also 950 raw blocks per minute, is that taken by players with low enchants? Because it seems that the higher your dragon burst enchant is, the lower amount of raw blocks you actually mine per minute. So if you make these enchants higher, wouldn't the raw block count go down more, making it much harder to level up your pick?

Yorkshire

Administrator
    Just a side feature maybe under the level on your pick it displays how many blocks you have to mine till the next level. So players have an exact number they know they have to grind to.

Alsdair

Just a side feature maybe under the level on your pick it displays how many blocks you have to mine till the next level. So players have an exact number they know they have to grind to.
    That would help for players that want to keep track how far they are off to get on blocks top also.

Ghosar_

maybe just make DB count on the blocks broken counter, so its easier to level up the 1000 level, and u can make the levels harder, cuz if u didn't then the 1000 will be so easy to get.

Bloo

maybe just make DB count on the blocks broken counter, so its easier to level up the 1000 level, and u can make the levels harder, cuz if u didn't then the 1000 will be so easy to get.
    +1 In this case it would probably balance out quite well from early to late map

ImMojoPlays

Helper
    Hey everyone!

Pickaxe Leveling

Can't wait to grind this map 😈😈😈 thanks owners for this chance.