• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Click to Join
  • Are Ranks Worth? (Opinion) (Prison)

skisam

Are Ranks Worth?

I've been getting this question a lot in the past couple of seasons. The short answer, no. But why?

If you go to the OPLegends store and look at all of ranks benefits, you'll notice that not many ranks will help you with gameplay. Initially, that is a good approach to a server to make ranks not as P2W. However, when it comes down to the price of the ranks I feel gameplay perks should come into a little more factor.

So what rank is most worth to buy?

The best rank to buy in my opinion is Hermes. This is because this rank and up has fly and flying in prisons is a extra perk to help. If you wanna know more in-depth of when to fly in prisons you can check out my other thread. (here)

Outro

I hope in the future OPLegends can make ranks more inspiring to purchase. Granite, the server is taking a nice approach, but do people want to pay $125 to have a .6 orbs multiplier and chatcolor?
    1621030302748.png
    What are other people's thoughts on ranks?​

Droppinq_

I agree. Ranks should have a redo. Especially legend, a $215 limited time rank does not have much bonuses besides the once kit. Hermes and recruit are good ranks because of the /fly but every other one is a bit overpriced and just not that good.

Kieran

Manager
    Are Ranks Worth?

I've been getting this question a lot in the past couple of seasons. The short answer, no. But why?

If you go to the OPLegends store and look at all of ranks benefits, you'll notice that not many ranks will help you with gameplay. Initially, that is a good approach to a server to make ranks not as P2W. However, when it comes down to the price of the ranks I feel gameplay perks should come into a little more factor.

The best rank to buy in my opinion is Hermes. This is because this rank and up has fly and flying in prisons is a extra perk to help. If you wanna know more in-depth of when to fly in prisons you can check out my other thread. (here)

Outro

I hope in the future OPLegends can make ranks more inspiring to purchase. Granite, the server is taking a nice approach, but do people want to pay $125 to have a .6 orbs multiplier and chatcolor?
    View attachment 105

I like this post, it's a good suggestion and it helps regarding feedback for the server. Would you like to see more cosmetic items applied to our ranks or the ranks revamped completely?. Do you like fly and other boosters which could help in game but do not give any significant effect other than appearance and cosmetic style.

| Kieran

skisam

I like this post, it's a good suggestion and it helps regarding feedback for the server. Would you like to see more cosmetic items applied to our ranks or the ranks revamped completely?. Do you like fly and other boosters which could help in game but do not give any significant effect other than appearance and cosmetic style.

| Kieran
    Maybe higher ranks could get to claim a free tag or something. But I was leaning towards more perks like minekey boosts or something like that.
    Also maybe fly can be achieved by everyone if the lower ranks vote a certain amount of times. It could be seasonal and good incentive towards the server.
    Terms of ranks, just more boosts but not too many to make it full P2W, but currently there's no point in buying ranks cause of less perks.

Sythe

| Kieran
    I like the suggestion of other cosmetic items that would be applied to ranks.

Zlurpy

Administrator
    Are Ranks Worth?

Outro

View attachment 105
    If you have any ideas for what to add to ranks you can post them here as well.

Zlurpy

Administrator
    Maybe higher ranks could get to claim a free tag or something. But I was leaning towards more perks like minekey boosts or something like that.
    Also maybe fly can be achieved by everyone if the lower ranks vote a certain amount of times. It could be seasonal and good incentive towards the server.
    Terms of ranks, just more boosts but not too many to make it full P2W, but currently there's no point in buying ranks cause of less perks.
    When it comes to boosts we can't really do key boosts and such. From my understanding it has something to do with the EULA and not being allowed to have stuff like that, with cosmetics we can most likely add something like that. What would you like to see cosmetic wise?

myokan

Owner
    This is an interesting read. For those who are unaware, our next generation Skyblock addresses this problem of ranks directly. here are my main thoughts:

Our goal with purchasable items is to offer a balance. We want our supporters to be rewarded for their support, but we also want to make sure that what we offer is compliant with Mojang's Commercial Usage Guidelines (CUG). We are allowed to sell gameplay affecting perks so long as they do not represent a "competitive gameplay advantage". As long as our server fits into what is considered a non-competitive environment (PvE), this means we can sell things like multipliers, access to commands, etc. while being compliant with their guidelines. This is a huge win for PvE servers, but we have a ways to get to that point. Currently, elements like payouts and leaderboards prevent us from being fully compliant. Because of this lack of compliance, we really can't push what we offer with ranks any further than they already are because we don't really want to have to explain this whole concept to the thousands of people who go around raiding "pay to win" servers without actually doing their research on what they are brigading against.

I personally think ranks are a flawed concept. If we have a market system, we can put rank perks like ender chest pages, access to commands like /echest and /craft, and prefixes and such in their own marketable items. This allows people to trade individual perks and access to things with one another in the way that most real video games do (TF2, CS:GO, most MMO games, etc). I really like this concept and hope we can work towards it: it allows people to go after the exact parts of ranks that they want to have without needing to buy the whole package and get things they don't want. Ultimately, I believe giving people more fine-tuned control over their experience is the way to go.

In the meantime, we plan to keep ranks as they are now because we do recognize people's support. We hope to maintain a balance between not rewarding players for their financial support of our services and being too P2W. It's interesting to think about these sorts of things!

skisam

This is an interesting read. For those who are unaware, our next generation Skyblock addresses this problem of ranks directly. here are my main thoughts:

Our goal with purchasable items is to offer a balance. We want our supporters to be rewarded for their support, but we also want to make sure that what we offer is compliant with Mojang's Commercial Usage Guidelines (CUG). We are allowed to sell gameplay affecting perks so long as they do not represent a "competitive gameplay advantage". As long as our server fits into what is considered a non-competitive environment (PvE), this means we can sell things like multipliers, access to commands, etc. while being compliant with their guidelines. This is a huge win for PvE servers, but we have a ways to get to that point. Currently, elements like payouts and leaderboards prevent us from being fully compliant. Because of this lack of compliance, we really can't push what we offer with ranks any further than they already are because we don't really want to have to explain this whole concept to the thousands of people who go around raiding "pay to win" servers without actually doing their research on what they are brigading against.

I personally think ranks are a flawed concept. If we have a market system, we can put rank perks like ender chest pages, access to commands like /echest and /craft, and prefixes and such in their own marketable items. This allows people to trade individual perks and access to things with one another in the way that most real video games do (TF2, CS:GO, most MMO games, etc). I really like this concept and hope we can work towards it: it allows people to go after the exact parts of ranks that they want to have without needing to buy the whole package and get things they don't want. Ultimately, I believe giving people more fine-tuned control over their experience is the way to go.

In the meantime, we plan to keep ranks as they are now because we do recognize people's support. We hope to maintain a balance between not rewarding players for their financial support of our services and being too P2W. It's interesting to think about these sorts of things!
    While skyblock is in the works, it seems to me like prison will still be happening. Will the ranks stay the same in the following seasons?
    Could also add a upgrade booster that only higher ranks could do. just a thought, but what if legend got a x.2 upgrade multi for 2 mins and the cooldown is a week or something. so every x levels of an enchant they upgade they get an x added. just throwing thoughts out there.

Zeltka

Helper

As I was reading this I was thinking the same thing as we can't add any more competitive advantages, not even to legend rank. I really like the idea of making everything from a rank available in game somehow, wether its with gems or with another currency. I do however think maybe we could go around this by merging the ideas. We can sell ranks which offer some advantages, but those advantages would still be available for purchasing In game. Would this be a possibility or is it still too much of an advantage?

myokan

Owner
    As I was reading this I was thinking the same thing as we can't add any more competitive advantages, not even to legend rank. I really like the idea of making everything from a rank available in game somehow, wether its with gems or with another currency. I do however think maybe we could go around this by merging the ideas. We can sell ranks which offer some advantages, but those advantages would still be available for purchasing In game. Would this be a possibility or is it still too much of an advantage?
    Advantages are okay to sell so long as there are no competitive elements of gameplay (leaderboards, payouts, etc.). Our plan is to reduce these competitive elements instead of avoiding selling advantages as it is a more sustainable model for improving our services.

prison ranks dont seem worth it at all imo (no hate to opl) the ranks arent doing you a bunch the fly is only thing but i dont even fly when i mine so i dont need it
    Are Ranks Worth?

Outro

View attachment 105
    As of recently Ares gives fly now

ImMojoPlays

Helper
    Are Ranks Worth?

Outro

View attachment 105
    True the ranks need a buff, maybe multiplier boost, or more permd