• IP Copied!
    Click to Copy IP
  • Click to Join
  • Are Partners/Media Beneficial? (Opinion)

skisam

Are Partners Beneficial?

This related question has been on my mind and probably others at some point in time. I've seen many Partners and Medias stay and go, but are they beneficial to OPLegends?

My thoughts?
    Kinda.

What is a Partner or a Media?

For those who don't know, Partners and Medias are players on the server that record videos/stream on OPLegends to attract players and get hooked in exchange for IRL money, a tag and obtain free items for videos sometimes to showcase.

In the past there has been a lot of controversy around giveaways and getting loads of paid items and still being able to play competitively.

Do I think it depends which partner?
    Of course. In a scenario, If you had 2 100k youtubers, but one played strictly Factions, and the other played strictly Prison. The obvious pick would be the youtuber playing Prisons and would gain more player count. I've seen many partners that don't associate with the servers game modes, which can result in little to none player engagement. Yes, they might join and check it out, but I've noticed that a lot don't stay.

What do I think OPLegends should try?
    I honestly think it would best to hire Partners that are "semi-big" on YouTube, that are relevant to the initial theme of OPLegends, whether it be Skyblock or Prisons. Another big aspect is telling the partners what to do. I've been approached by countless Medias and Partners about how to play OPLegends. Which is also why I made a thread. (here)

This is no hate to OPLegends whatsoever, but I think they should approach their standpoint differently, by doing some more in-depth backgrounds and set up more voting links possibly to reach people that don't watch YouTube or Twitch.

Let me know your thoughts please.​

AkuroPlays

Helper
    Are Partners Beneficial?

This related question has been on my mind and probably others at some point in time. I've seen many Partners and Medias stay and go, but are they beneficial to OPLegends?

My thoughts? Kinda.

For those who don't know, Partners and Medias are players on the server that record videos/stream on OPLegends to attract players and get hooked in exchange for money and a tag and obtain free items for videos sometimes to showcase.

In the past there has been a lot of controversy around giveaways and getting loads of paid items and still being able to play competitively.

Of course. In a scenario, If you had 2 100k youtubers, but one played strictly Factions, and the other played strictly Prison. The obvious pick would be the youtuber playing Prisons and would gain more player count. I've seen many partners that don't associate with the servers game modes, which can result in little to none player engagement. Yes, they might join and check it out, but I've noticed that a lot don't stay.

I honestly think it would best to hire Partners that are "semi-big" on YouTube, that are relevant to the initial theme of OPLegends, whether it be Skyblock or Prisons. Another big aspect is telling the partners what to do. I've been approached by countless Medias and Partners about how to play OPLegends. Which is also why I made a thread. (here)

This is no hate to OPLegends whatsoever, but I think they should approach their standpoint differently, by doing some more in-depth backgrounds and set up more voting links possibly to reach people that don't watch YouTube or Twitch.

I agree with ya buddy, OPL should try and get more semi big youtubers on board.

Zeltka

Helper
    I do indeed agree that we should focus on finding more content creators that associate more with the theme and player-base we are looking for.

skisam

I think semi-big Youtubers could help but it should not be a priority. They need to work on a network that is fun for everyone and attract Youtubers without having to pay them.
    Yea exactly. But it's come to the point where partners probably wont play if they don't get paid. Wish they weren't like that ;)

Zlurpy

Administrator
    Are Partners Beneficial?

My thoughts?
    Kinda.

For those who don't know, Partners and Medias are players on the server that record videos/stream on OPLegends to attract players and get hooked in exchange for IRL money, a tag and obtain free items for videos sometimes to showcase.

You are right a lot of the partners and media’s stay and go. We are working on getting some new partners and media’s that are more focused around the content on OPLegends.

ImMojoPlays

Helper
    Are Partners Beneficial?

My thoughts?
    Kinda.

I think there should be 1 role only, and that role is only given to people that actually have a schedule and care about playing the server.

Kieran

Manager
    100% agree.
    Getting a youtuber with 25k who plays prison is gonna have a way bigger effect then a 100k youtuber who plays a complete different gamemode like Minigames / Factions

Do you know of any YouTubers or Streamers that are mainly just Prison? If so please contact me, so I can bring your suggestion forward.

- Kieran